What is Sessions?
Convergence Sessions is a series of lively discussions, interactive workshops, film screenings and music performances that takes place over two days in the railway arches at Behind The Bike Shed on Old Street in Shoreditch.
Sessions gives change-makers, groundbreakers and risk takers a platform to share thoughts, collaborate and interact with like-minded individuals and discuss how people and ideas are shaping the future of technology.
The programme focuses on the countless opportunities in store for industry pioneers and curious creative alike, and how using cutting-edge creativity can carve a positive path in this era of uncertainty.
How is it different?
Convergence’s purpose is to put the aesthetic, intellectual and emotional connection between music, art and technology at the forefront of its programming.
Unlike any other platform in London, Convergence Sessions presents an inquisitive and conversational approach to music and art, and directly squares up to the extraordinary pace at which technology and ideas are changing these worlds.
Why is it relevant?
Technology continues to shape how art and music is conceived, created and communicated, and in many cases, it is the fundamental vehicle through which artists bring their ideas to life.
Sessions is a unique opportunity to hear from a wide range of industry voices, to learn and understand how technology can enable big ideas and empower creative people.
Who is it for?
- Do your personal interests cross over into your day-to-day work?
- Does technology play a significant role in your life?
- Do you have aspirations to start your own business?
- Do you work in design, advertising, marketing, gaming, development, research, software, animation, fashion…?
- Are you a musician, filmmaker, visual artist, writer, graphic designer?
- Are you curious about what the future holds?
- Do you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge?
- Do you want to hear from other people with ideas?
If you answered YES to one or more of the above, then Convergence Sessions is relevant to you.
What do you get out of it?
- Knowledge to apply to your work or practise.
- A greater understanding of technology’s place in the future
- Learning how technology can impact on our day-to-day lives
- New friends and new contacts
- Industry insights to take back to the office
- Inspiration and encouragement from speakers and your fellow attendees
- Being face-to-face with those leading the way in music, art and technology
Who will you meet?
Sessions draws a lively and engaged crowd of like-minded curious creatives such as…
- Filmmakers and policy makers
- Musicians and technicians
- Rule breakers and troublemakers
- Grandmasters and graduates
- Artists and practitioners
- Activists and visionaries